Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Long Dark of Moria…..

Have you ever experienced this?

If you’re a Lord of the Rings fan, you will understand the reference.

If not, here is a quick def… the fellowship have but one task, to help Frodo get to Mordo to destroy the ring…but the path is treacherous. And so the fellowship make there way into the dark mines of Moria deep into the mountains. Where unspeakable evil resides.

JR Tolkien, had something there when he wrote this.

I find my self in this situation more than I would like. I am unable to see where I’m going, but I’m going somewhere, there are things that hide in the dark that would scare even Aragon himself, but then there…in the distance…I see it.

A faint light. The hope that soon I will be out of this situation.

Boys…are a lot like this. I mean I’m happy being single. I’ve got a job (which is a Moria in itself, but that’s another blog) I travel, and do what I want to and when I want to do it. Then they decide to show there ugly heads!! I’ll be living my life, and then I’ll see him. A cute guy that smiles at me, or doesn’t even look at me, but I feel a connection and I wonder…is that a light I see? Is that him? Is that my Prince Charming!!! Horror of horrors I know…but sometimes just sometimes I can’t help be a victim of the fairy tale disease!!

2 comments:

Az said...

You're preaching to the choir LOL...Guys are assholes and girls are bigger assholes for liking them. I wonder if it will ever change...

M Junaid said...

awesome blog - lord of the rings references, and no word verificaton for comments. two of teh best things in the world :)

Your bit about Gollum is insightful. Heres something from the book that I enjoyed

Gildor: The Wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.