Thursday, February 21, 2013

Getting back up again


Falling off the "Diet" Wagon is the worst thing that can happen!

Its worse than starting. I fell off the wagon and just laid there while it dragged me along. Starting a new job, having to travel early in the morning...'those were just the first steps' in leading me astray.

So here is what I learned.

1. Once you have decided to do something, the world is going to conspire against you (yes I disagree with Paulo completely). Because as long as you feel bad about yourself, weak and like a failure the dark side wins.

2.  Things don't just happen. There is an introduction of sorts. Mine was turing my "healthy lifestyle" into a "Diet". What was a slow steady marathon turned into a race that I lost, when my purpose changed.

3. This is about me being healthy. And feeling healthy. NOT looking like a matchstick. I hope I remember that!

4. This is a slow steady marathon. Its going to take a year. So I need to just calm down!

5. Doesn't matter what you eat. Its not going to make the feelings go away.

6. Doesn't matter if you 'slip' a 'slip' is not a fall. Don't turn it into one.

7. It is really this simple: (they should have added takes time)

6 comments:

Blue Grumpster said...

If people stopped feeling like the have to prove something, life would be so much easier, wouldn't you agree? As for a healthy life style, I don't buy food that would turn me into humpty. That way I can't eat it. I call it my Don't Buy It Diet.

Lady T said...

It would yeah.

But if I didn't try to improve something, I would feel like I'm dying. Does that say something about me?? Probably.

Not buying food is good idea!

Blue Grumpster said...

Right now I'm hungry (no joke) but there's nothing to eat. It's hard to stick to your own advice...

Lady T said...

hahahaha!

The Lindt muffin I ate for breakfast is proof of that fact.

Blue Grumpster said...

P.S. How come you're not a member? :(

Lady T said...

Memeber? Of your blog...I could have sworn that I was. Problem sloved :)