Thursday, February 23, 2012

Slow music does not a good movie make

There are two types of movies in this world. Those made for the pleasure of movie watchers. And those made for movie makers. Don’t believe me? Twilight #nuffsaid.

Hugo, is made for movie makers. That’s why it’s up for an Oscar. The cinematography was so pretty, clean yet cartoony. In terms of acting everyone was brilliant! Really from that guy that looks like the guy who plays professor X. Not young professor X, old professor X. I’m just joking, I know his name, Ben Kingsley. (Okay I googel’d just to make sure).

Where was I? Oh yes, the acting. Sasha (what what), you know Ali G, he was amazing. He created the perfect blend of serious, comedy, romance and tragedy in his performance. It was beautiful. And the children as well, they were really...believable.

But there was something lacking...something that I think is the most important part of any movie, the Story line. It’s a really mediocre story. The question I asked when I left the cinema was so what? It ended very nicely, but still.....so what? It had no meaning to me.

Movie makers on the other hand love it. Why is that? Because it’s a movie about movie? Imagination? Family? I don’t know. I just don’t get it.

No comments: